Perfect cupcakes to serve during summer, warm or cold, or to just add some fresh fruits into your kid's diet. Today I baked these cupcakes and have to say my kids got their hands on them still warm, they didn't want to wait and they devour them in less than one minute.
1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of fine ground yellow cornmeal
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
1 1/4 cups of coconut sugar
1/2 cup of buttermilk (recipe here)
1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
7 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup of fresh mixed berries
1. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees.
2. Place a muffing pan with paper liners, set aside.
3. On a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients, set aside.
4. On a large bowl whisk together the butter with the sugar.
5. Now, add the rest of the wet ingredients, except berries, and whisk until well mixed.
6. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, and whisk just until well combined.
7. Fold in the berries, do not over mix, or the batter will change the color completely.
8. Pour mixture unto the paper lines using a 1/4 of a cup or until half.
9. Bake cupcakes for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Wait for the cupcakes to cool down before removing from the pan and enjoy.
11. You can store them up for 2 days, but better if you enjoy them fresh.
12. Buen Provecho Ladies!
Important fact: when making your cupcakes it to make sure the oven is at 375 degrees of the berries will sink to the bottom.