Fried rice is a perfect quick meal for weeknights or for leftover rice. I cooked this Chinese inspired recipe right when I had not much time in the kitchen and used the night before rice leftover and it was not just quick but delicious.
1 1/2 cups of cooked brown rice
1 tbsp of olive oil
3 green onions, chopped
3 cups of frozen or canned vegetable mix
1 cup of cashews
1 small red bell pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp of ginger, ground
3 tbsp of coconut aminos
2 tbsp of rice vinegar
1 tbsp of sesame oil
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper
1. Cook the rice as usual or according to package directions and set aside.
2. In a large skillet heat the olive oil and toss in the onions, cashews, salt, and pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Now add the vegetables, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger and cook for another 3-4 minutes on medium-low heat, watch to not burn.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the coconut amino, vinegar, and sesame oil.
5. Now toss in the rice, mix with the vegetables and then stir in the sauce and mix again.
6. Cook for 1 minute to allow the rice to absorb the juices from the sauce and turn off the heat.
7. You can now serve the rice and top with some extra cashews if desired.
8. Buen Provecho!